8/9/09

There She Goes

Here is a poem that I wrote called "There She Goes". This just talks about mustering up the energy and the courage to finally introduce yourself to her. 

Mmm…Mmm…MMM….DAMN she is fine!! 

Once again she crosses my path and my mind and
My heart swells up with the feelings that
Only I and God know

So as I see her walk on by I
Wallow away in the distance and
Thoughts begin to cross my mind of
How it might be if we were together

I think of drifting away with her alone with, 
Only us and the elements as our audience
I think of holding her petite body
And as I smell her aromatic fragrance 
I clutch to her like women clutch handbags 
I think of our bodies intertwining and 
The sound of her breathing and moaning as our soundtrack 
Then I think about the long nights I spend just
Enriched in conversation while looking into those stunning eyes and 
To no surprise I realize she may be the one 

Na …she’s more than just a pretty face and smile
Not poison but a hypnotic serum 
That is potent enough to send my mind into a frenzy in an instant and 
Have me tripping over my words like an infant

I start to wonder of the reasons why I feel this way. 
Is it because I know that I can be the Nubian King to her Queen 
Or is it her lips, her hips or her attitude that
Seem to keep me transfixed as if I need a fix 
To quell the addiction that I can’t fix

So I sit here… 
And ponder to myself that
Maybe I should introduce myself or
Make it known that I exist

I can see it now…
Today will be the day that, 
I sweep her off her feet like 
Prince Charming did to Snow White or 
Dad did to Mom or 
She did to me…
Yea I know….she doesn’t know yet so 
It’s up to me to break the ice with 
A toothpick as my only weapon
And her beauty as my motivation 

I want to take it one step at a time but 
The first step is like walking on glass barefoot

So I take one gulp and make my move in her direction, slowly so 
She doesn’t notice I have been watching her every move and
I can start it off with small talk to 
Chip away at the ice. 
How’s my breath… cool. 
I start to approach and say hi but...


Damn…..there she goes. 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment