1/22/15

MTA (With Britt Jones (@goldie_locz)

Some love stories have peculiar beginnings. You never know how, or where, you will meet your next love. 

8:01..(Her)
A deliverance of time I become used to on this trek of mine and I continue this grueling 9-5 grind
Waking up to the blistering sounds of alarm screams and
a layover of the night before beams..."get your life in order"
Yet the seams.. of my world are unraveling for I have been a consistent partner to empty hopes and lonely nights
Heaviness aloots my soul beckoning with refusals to get up
The yawns of tiredness become abrupt
In adjacent to the lethargic movements rattling corrupt
I need to get a move on but this love thing has got me struck

8:30..
I finally make my way to this 4 or 5 train yet still with pessimistic thoughts rattling my brain
Another day Another dollar
Another sight of blue collars working harder then they need
And a classless brother tryna to holla
So distractions are muted by the appearance of this music ...I uprooted on my itunes
Playlists hit the screen and my mind ejaculates thoughts of a sound that has hit the spot
Ne-soul rhythms preaching
Another Ledisi song teaching
Till the serene sounds are no longer found...

8:08. (Him)
Another heartbreak, my dreams of no longer being single becomes shattered with the sound of my alarm clock and daybreak as I
Awake again to another day of the left side of my bed being alone, creases perfect and pillow without an imprint because my queen size bed is missing a queen
Cop sirens ablaze in the background as I realize it is another day where I make a dollar while my bosses make ten
Mind and body screams ‘5 more minutes’ and thinking of ways to corroborate why today I will be late but alas…I’m awake
Shuffling my feet to the conformities of the common white collar work day...

(Her)
Realizing I dozed off the bellowing of those sweet sounds now fade
Eyes blazing in my direction for my head bobbled to my neighbor
Body ...still tired from last night’s labor
Fumbling around the depths of my bag to gather myself
Yet something doesn’t feel right
Is it the shallow cries of beggars whose circumstances leave them with no shame
Or the psychological hit city dwellers that spit game
Nah it has to be the urban phenomenon of dances famed
Either way my delusions are misconfigured
Tapping my foot in anticipation of the next stops yet delays at Fulton have me in utter aggravation
So I try to put out positive thoughts cause the next time I’m late won’t end great...

(Him)
8:47
After a delay because of train traffic ahead,
which seems to symbolize the train traffic in my head blocking the positive thoughts from arriving on time
I Ffnally await the 4 or 5 at 125th street,
an all too familiar place,
which welcomes me with the sight of a guy selling candy,
Not for a basketball team, but to keep out the streets,
and the 19 year old homeless man awaiting to ask if we have a dime to spare so he can have something to eat
However all of this becomes shielded from my thoughts,
pessimistic in nature, thoughts of maybe this is the day where I lock eyes with a woman
and possibly can lead to the happiness that I seek and that she was always out there and maybe today we get the chance to meet...
But until then I listen to the storytelling of Nas as he provides that nostalgic rhythm which allows me to
Forget about these thoughts temporarily,
as I listen to his prose about his daughter or his meals of syrup sandwiches and sugar water
….I…. close my eyes…

Thinking of the most beautiful woman, one who possesses that rare trinity of intellect, beauty and true personality
That if her touch was named forever then I have entered the realm of infinity
As I am cast into this omnipotent spell, holding me completely in thrall physically, mentally and emotionally
A beauty unseen, challenging me to unravel its true roots
Beckoning me to introduce myself, I approach…and as I begin she says...

“Stand clear of the closing doors please”…
Awakening me from this daydream while
I again look around and realize that this dream…was only a dream and that woman that I envisioned was only the figment of an imagination that seems to be so vivid that I can almost feel her tender touch against my skin akin to how it feels to be in love.
So I turn up the volume to my music attempting to drown my thoughts which seem to be futile..
Fulton St…
Almost at my destination…but we aren’t moving, as if time is at a standstill…and that’s when I see her…

(Her)
Muscling up the power to put forth a smile as I encounter a man just short of a mile
In my mind thinking ...oh boy let me conclude this observance in my train chronicles file
So we exchange glances as though paths were already met
The screeching of the next stop disrupts the connections
and there's still a lust In the air I must now mention
Its as if my body created this weird stringent tension
The only thing my eyes would elude to was this man
Blurriness eclipsed over every distraction
As me and him formulated this love story interaction
Kinda like that mutual silent dialogue where morse codes get communicated through body languages and I sure nuff was relinquished of any previous anguishes ...that made my morning blues
You see I’m not one for the hype
Cause the usual’s of these lames only wanna pipe
Therefore I shake my head to rid myself of this occurrence
And slowly drain out the malignancies of false hopes with some more of these R&B tracks that make me cope...
with this sickness...

(Him)
She is...The ultimate in feminine pulchritude...and at this moment my mood brightened
Her presence brightens my gloom, her bronze skin,
her dreadlocks keeping my heart deadlocked as I figuratively pinch myself to ensure that I am not daydreaming again
All others are paled beside her as I see none but her on this crowded train.
This…is the true beauty that I envisioned
That all natural no frills, come as you are beauty
The no weave, make-up or jewelry, but can still turn heads without effort beauty
That gift from God that I know was only sent for me beauty

As if she were carefully crafted from the finest and rarest minerals
Such that if her beauty was classified as skin deep she is close to the bone marrow
As I feel her marrow intertwine with mine… our eyes lock
And as I stare into her eyes I am hoping that is will lead to the maze and eventually the doorway of her heart

And I am willingly lost… praying that this delay lasts forever...

0 comments:

Post a Comment