12/23/09

My Pursuit

Mmm…Mmm…MMM….DAMN she is fine!!

Once again she crosses my path and my mind and
My heart swells up with the feelings that
Only I and God know
So as I see her walk on by I
Wallow away in the distance and
Thoughts begin to cross my mind of
How it might be if we were together

I think of drifting away with her alone with,
Only us and the elements as our audience
I think of holding her petite body
And as I smell her aromatic fragrance
I clutch to her like women clutch handbags
I think of our bodies intertwining and
The sound of her breathing and moaning as our soundtrack

Then I think about the long nights I spend just
Enriched in conversation while looking into those stunning eyes and
To no surprise I realize she may be the one


Na …she’s more than just a pretty face and smile
Not poison but a hypnotic serum
That is potent enough to send my mind into a frenzy in an instant and
Have me tripping over my words like an infant

I start to wonder of the reasons why I feel this way.
Is it because I know that I can be the Nubian King to her Queen
Or is it her lips, her hips or her attitude that
Seem to keep me transfixed as if I need a fix
To quell the addiction that I can’t fix

So I sit here…
And ponder to myself that
Maybe I should introduce myself or
Make it known that I exist
I can see it now…
Today will be the day that,
I sweep her off her feet like
Prince Charming did to Snow White or
Dad did to Mom or
She did to me…
Yea I know….she doesn’t know yet so
It’s up to me to break the ice with
A toothpick as my only weapon
And her beauty as my motivation

I want to take it one step at a time but
The first step is like walking on glass barefoot
So I take one gulp and make my move in her direction, slowly so
She doesn’t notice I have been watching her every move and
I can start it off with small talk to
Chip away at the ice.

How’s my breath… cool.

I start to approach and say hi but...

Damn…..there she goes.

So I think about her...and think about her

Come to find out that,

She is a beautiful soul that

Isn't appreciated by her man at home

So I decide to write to her to provide an prologue to the novel of our relationship

But...Sometimes I feel as if,
I cannot thoroughly describe my thoughts as I scribe on this pallet
As if her looks and personality doesn't already speak volumes.

Her looks and her attitude create perfect harmony, and its those aesthetic synergies that have me yearning for her attention.

And sometimes I feel as if she should've been mine.
As if in another life its me she is holding passionately, instead of him.

The image is so vivid I feel as if it had already occurred.
One by one, three matches are lit in the night
The first to see her face
The second to see her eyes
The last to see her lips
I caress her body from head to toe tip
So when its dark all around, I can remember it all
While holding her in my arms.
I want to be the subject to her predicate, the yin to her yang, the reason why she sings.

And sometimes I wonder why...
Why is she subject to the insecurities
And all the abnormalities that the relationship entails.
And I wish that I can tell her that I can be her knight in shining armor while
releasing her from those troublesome burdens that exists from someone who thinks that "she's too good for me"

And sometimes I wish that I can look into those pools of remorse and transform them into oceans of realization as she sketches a portrait within my heart.
But I realize from the start that I'm wanting something that I cannot have, but I feel that I can have anything I want if I give up the belief that I can't.

Sometimes,
I feel as if she feels the same way.
As if day to day she wonders how it wouldve been if she said no to him and yes to me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment