3/4/10

Untitled

Another moon promised
as she dangles her foot
over my denim pants
letting her stiletto slip
casually from her heel

Stars foiled the sky
as we spoke verses and bridges of,
hymns of love
that refrained ever after
my words coiled
as if a mirage making magic

I flicked my cigarette
to the silver coated pavement
and it sizzled from the heat
here I vowed before the cosmic powers
that we would never be parted

The moon took us on a ride
as we floated on loves magic carpet
But again the stars in our eyes
were brighter than those in the sky

As always for us, the moon chipped away
to a sliver
the grey was here
the spiraled staircase collapsed
and I became the rain and snow
as her colored lashes
smeared the sheet
and the seams split from the pulling
The night's cruel words echoed like thunder
resounding in my ears
shading the moon in a halo of hashish delusion
as the ring punctuated the storm

I died that night to be born again
as the prism of light
around the moon finally passed
and the ice crystals departed
so as a new moon could come
pure and clean without storms

However just thinking about it brings back Invalid images, like wings on a fairy
flutter endlessly through the sky
The moon just a crevice in the gray
echoes your name and I respond
Saturated with wine
you float before my eyes
Tears form from the strain
for you are gone and I am alone

What task takes you to another place
the restlessness, the silence of me
Did I linger too long and become passive
I thought you would remain
through all the shapes of the moon

The liquor takes me back
and I try to rethink
Did I toil too much, and listen too little
or was I lost in the spell of life
Unable to give you the thing you wanted

1 comment:

  1. "I died that night to be born again"

    That's my favorite line. Love it.

    ReplyDelete