3/13/11

This Lonely teardrop

As I sit here...I think
About how mch you have meant to me
A single teardrop begins to fall down my face
And, this teardrop symbolizes all that you meant to me
All the jokes, and positive memories..I can feel slipping away
As this tear begins its descent down my face.

While this teardrop falls past my cheek, I wonder if things would ever be the same
If I'm the one to blame, or if we were handed the wrong cards to begin this game in the first place.
Holding my hand up to recieve a catch...and realizing that it wasnt mine, but I still got attached
And it began to scratch the surface of something that had concrete foundation
And now that its gone.....its back to reality
But it will always cross my mind,
Although I can see clearly, I am now perfectly blind
And now my ride on cloud 9 is over, as I begin to fall... like this tear drop

And now, as this tear drop dangles off of my chin, more tears begin to fall,
But it was the one teardrop, that was the most important of all
But as it drops I feel my best friend sliping away,
The one who I can tal to about anything,
The one who I wouldnt have to be fake or phony with
Because I was never judged
And as the tears fall I wish things were back to the way they was
That teardrop...that one..lonely....teardrop...stands alone
It was the archetype of my happiness and the foundation of my smile......and its gone
Something that took years to establish.....but gone as fast as...
A teardrop falling down my face.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment