9/11/12

9/11 Tribute : Satiation


September 11th, 2001 was one of the tragic days in human history. Thousands died and many others were affected. When we reflect on those events, we mourn those who risked their lives and those who were affected. We must also think about those who still struggle today due to those tragic events.....



SATIATION



Can I have some more

Can you spare a dime?

Yeah you can walk past me, and its fine

But have you ever taken the time, to look past the grime
To question the reason why I am homeless? The reasons why my satiation has yet to be filled

And why I still have the urge to beg you?


Yes, I’m human just like you, And although the clothes and stench may have you fooled 

The truth is that I was ONCE in your shoes

But do you have any idea of how it feels to have everything taken away from you?

Blessed to have a family and a job, To come home to a home cooked meal and alleviate my child’s sobs…To hear the stories of my family’s day, The 100 on the spelling test and the game winning catch at the little league game

The raise received at work, and the cries of my daughter who can’t find a date yet for the prom

I Thought life couldn’t get any better...Until that fateful day when it happened to me

On September 11th 2001 at 8:46 AM…
My family was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Near the site of the terrorist attack....They Succumbed to wounds of a collision

And no they weren’t under my provision

Because it was under my suspicion 

That once 5pm Tuesday hit….something was wrong

I found out my family was gone………and I lost it


I LOST IT ALL!!!!My family, my life…..my mind…..everything

So I went ballistic, because my mental logistic could not comprehend how realistic this situation was

After my release from the asylum, my lease was up, my job was too….and my belongings belonged to someone else….

So I began bathing in a nearby pond, Eating food at places that I wasn’t too fond

 And trying to receive clothes from nearby charity bonds

And seeing people slowly abscond Just to remain afloat
But see, when you have nothing in your possession
And no support to lean on, The possibilities of a second chance is remote 
So, Mr. Gates, can YOU spare a quarter, although you have trillions

And can You Mr. Athlete help out a fan, although you have millions……I THOUGHT SO

Ostracized by society because I didn’t meet the societal norm....And I truly have seen how my education didn’t mean SHIT…if you can’t walk in an interview without a pressed suit.

 I really thought things would get betterSave for my only possessions…..$10.00, a Metrocard, a pair of jeans a blue jacket and this sweater


So….once again…have you thought about how I’m feeling right now

How I am surviving, how I maintain, how I’m just getting by

This dollar has meant more to me than ever before
And IM TIRED of being turned around by closed doors

 Running from place to place for warmth in the winter

If you were me, you would never take anything for granted...Because although the life that you live may be enchanted, Even Cinderella’s coach turned back into a pumpkin

No I’m not like this because I’m lazy, Nor do I say all of this because I’m crazy

But because my future seems hazy….In these streets, taking it day by day.

No one to help me and falling asleep to the rattling sounds of the change that is in my cup, symbolizing my hope for a change in my life as I realize that I have nowhere to go but up

But…..until that times comes, Where God can see my full potential, and I can live just fine….


Can I get some more?......Can you spare a dime?




0 comments:

Post a Comment