4/14/11

Why

Why?



I sit here

Pondering, thinking to myself

Why?

Yes…that is a vague question and a

Satirical subject with a plethora of predicates

So how would one go about answering this type of question?

I will try and I won’t be too delicate



Why?

Do we live in a society where our role models are those who speak false truths

Modern day coons, who instead of wearing black face have tattoos…

Who would rather shuck and jive, turn their swag on with their sagged skinny jeans

In videos with women whom we all would want in our wildest dreams

Then speak the truth

Why…do artists like Nas and Wyclef who actually speak about the translucent truths

Do not sell records while the ones that are….are just saying empty words



Why?

Do we focus more on the “realities” of TV as way to escape our personal reality

How the water cooler discussion is about Darwin and Melanie and not about “How is your family?”

When in all actuality, the real true tragedy is that we face, are hidden by images of

A celebrity getting married or the latest Jersey Shore fight



Why?

Do more people apply to be on shows like American Idol and The Real World,

Than apply for colleges where they can utilize their talents for the real world?



Why?

Do we use our fingers to speak our mind?

Trying to get a point across by use of a text and we assume that these messages would convey the emotion…..of a voice

And although we have a choice, we choose what is convenient

Maybe I’m being too lenient

But why should we get upset over a 40 character message that truly has no meaning?



Why?

Do we live in a world where we spend beyond our means?

Where one faces the dilemma of paying their rent, or buying these jeans

Paying their phone, or buying these foams

Why must you sacrifice things that you need

On something that you will not use everyday?





Yes….What I am writing is just words on paper with no true meaning

And words do not mean a thing unless there is some action

But it doesn’t mean that I will allow myself to let the mainstream be a distraction

To let them dig their feet and leave traction in my skin

Yes my words are powerless

But hey, someone had to begin



Yes, even I have done some of these things,

I am not a perfect guy

But have ever sat back and truly looked at some of the things you do and ask yourself




Why??

0 comments:

Post a Comment